2 pkg (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
1/4 c sugar
1 Tbsp milk
1 tsp maple extract or 1 tablespoon maple syrup
3 c sugar
1 3/4 c pumpkin puree (or one 15oz can solid-packed pumpkin)
1 c canola oil
1 c water
4 c all purpose flour
4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/2 c chopped pecans
1/2 c chopped walnuts
1 c currants or raisins
1. Beat the cream cheese, sugar, egg and milk in a small bowl until creamy, add your maple extract or syrup and blend. Set aside for now.
2. In a large bowl, beat the sugar, pumpkin, oil, water and eggs. In another large bowl mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices.
3. Now gradually add the dry ingredients to your wet. Stir in the nuts.
4. Pour half of the batter into three flour-greased 8? x 4? loaf pans.
Pumpkin Bread with Maple Cream Cheese Filling – – Yum 5. Spoon the filling over the batter. Use a spatula to spread it out carefully.
6. Add the remaining batter making sure you completely cover the filling.
7. Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in the pans before removing the bread to a wire rack to cool completely. Store your bread in the refrigerator wrapped in plastic wrap.