Smear with butter, and you will think you are eating the real thing! Maria Emmerich’s keto bread sports a pleasing crispy crust with a soft, moist center. It’s bread — you know what to do. Savor it warm, straight out of the oven, or freeze, defrost, and toast to perfection…
*6 eggs (separated whites and yolks)
*¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
*1 ½ cup almond flour
*3 teaspoons baking powder
*4 tablespoons butter (melted)
*A pinch of salt
1. The first thing you need to do is heat up the oven (375 F). In the meantime, beat the whites until they’re fluffy, then add the cream of tartar and continue beating until there are soft peaks.
2. Mix everything else in a food processor (or blender) until you get a nice dough.
3. Now, add the whites and process the mix until everything comes together. Pour the dough in a pan lined with baking paper, then bake for half an hour.
4. If you’re unsure if the bread is thoroughly cooked, pinch it with a toothpick. Once it’s done, take the bread out, leave it to cool down for a bit, then enjoy.
5. There are 20 slices of bread per dough with this recipe.